Book Your Charter Boat Fishing Trip on Lake Michigan
HOW TO PICK A GOOD CHARTER BOAT AND CAPTAIN
There are as many different types of boats and captains as there are fishermen. Having fun and catching fish is what it is all about. The secret is to find a charter boat and captain that will suit your needs. Talk to the captain. Is he knowledgeable and fun? Is he someone you could spend eight hours with? Get to know your captain. Here are some of the questions you might ask:
1) How many years have you been a captain?
2) What size charter boat do you have?
3) How many people will it accommodate?
4) Do you have a clean stand-up bathroom?
5) What will we catch?
6) What do we have to bring?
- Fishing License - **REQUIRED** - with a trout stamp for all fishermen who have reached their 17th birthday. Daily licenses are available.
- Soft soled shoes - The deck can get wet and slippery. No black or dark colored soles - they make marks.
- Sunglasses and sunblock - SPF 45 if you're a "landlubber."
- Hat, Warm Jacket, Rain Gear - It's generally cool in the morning and believe it or not, it does rain occasionally.
- Food & Beverage - Check with your Captain regarding his policy on alcoholic beverages. Also your Captain may be able to provide food and beverage for an additional fee.
- Camera - To capture the magic moments and to prove you actually caught big fish. If you forget one, buy a disposal - they take great pictures.
- Cooler - to take home the catch. Your Captain will clean and bag your fish just the way you want them for the trip home. Nothing is better than fresh Michigan fish on the grill that very evening.
Find a charter boat captain for your next Lake Michigan fishing trips at www.LakeMichiganCharterBoatFishing.com
Read About Recent Catches
AREA FISHING REPORTS